Monday, January 21, 2013

Welcome to 2013

Kia ora future Room 2 tamariki and whanau!

I am looking forward to teaching a fantastic year 2/3 class this year.  2013. It will be my sixth year teaching at Burnham School.

In Room 2 I especially enjoy using cameras, laptops and I-pads to demonstrate different ways of presenting our learning that occurs in the classroom. Before you come back you may like to sort out and bring some holiday photographs to display in the classroom to show what you have been up to in the holidays.( I can photocopy and enlarge them)

I tried to be creative in Art, Maths and Writing to share our work in assemblies, on our classroom blog and to whanau. My philosophy in Reading is that reading is an on-going process that requires equal "investment” from both school and home. Just as important as Reading words from a text is understanding what is message within a text. In my instructional reading these are my two big focuses.

I hope that you all had a safe and relaxing summer holiday. I have spent much of my holidays with my kids exploring Canterbury on day trips, such as catching Cockabullies at Whitecliffs or Crabs at Corsair Bay.

Making a Cockabully trap!

No comments:

Post a Comment